“After being born in central Texas my family moved to New Mexico when I was around 5 years old. There I learned to snow ski, and my passion for the outdoor life grew.
After graduation my path took me to Colorado where I spent the winters skiing, and the summers exploring the National Parks, and public lands of the Western United States.
Many adventures have led me to a few different different places I have called home. New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and now Salt Lake City Utah where I reside with my 2 wonderful boys Aden, and Eli.
Guiding for Southwest Adventure Tours I have been referred to as many things, guide, personal trainer, drill sergeant, and therapist. I will take you to beautiful places, push you that few extra steps, and show you ways to face and overcome the fears that you have.
With a passion for the southwest, photography, food, and geology, I can show you different ways to compose, and shoot photos while we eat at great food establishments, and explain the intricacies of millions of years of creation that has given us this place we call the Desert Southwest.
I love to meet new people, and show them around this beautiful place I call home! Hope to see you all soon, so we can explore it together!”
“Born in the heart of Texas, I’ve been enjoying life in the core of the Desert Southwest since my early teens when my folks packed up the wagon and moved to Durango, Colorado. Since then, I’ve had addresses in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and Utah but I’ve never once thought of living anywhere else. Well, there was that little stint in West Texas but that’s another story…
Admittedly a desert rat, I currently reside at approximately 9 o’clock on the perimeter of the Grand Circle, having chosen this area as the ultimate desert base camp. Be it Mojave, Sonoran, Chihuahuan, Great Basin or the Plateaus of the Grand Staircase and Four Corners regions, I never met a desert I didn’t like. I believe nature (and especially the desert) has something to say to us all, if we’re ready to hear it.
“Well that’s great and all but what kind of a guide are you”?
Maybe a little different. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know everything about anything. I’m very content to know just a little about a lot of stuff. I have an appreciation for geology, biology, history and the like in as much as they contribute to my relationship (love affair) with the desert, but you won’t hear me calling anything by its scientific name. Honestly, I’d rather romanticize than categorize. While sharing my unique perspective, I reserve the right to speculate about anything.
But be advised, I will invite you to step out of your comfort zone and hike a little further, see and feel a bit more, to put yourself out there and see what the Southwest has in store for you. Let’s explore it together.”
We are SO excited to announce our next giveaway!
Here are the 2 AMAZING prizes you can win!
(1) Grand Canyon Railway Adventure:
– One night accommodations at the Grand Canyon Railway hotel in Williams, AZ
– Round trip first class train travel from Williams (for 2 adults over the age of 18) to the south rim of the Grand Canyon
– Live old west entertainment from cowboys and musicians
– Expires 09/30/2015
– Valued at over $450 USD
(1) White Stallion Ranch near Tuscon, AZ
– 2 Guests
– 3 day/2 night stay
– Includes All Meals and Ranch Activities (Space available and not available in High Season or Holiday Seasons
– Expires 12/31/2016
– Horseback Rides including desert, mountain, breakfast, slow and fast rides, all day, half day, wine and cheese rides, beer and Cheetos ride, and team cattle penning (No riding on Sundays). Riding instruction is available at an additional charge.
– Other activities include guided hikes, hayrides, barbecues, rodeos, and a petting zoo.
– they have a heated pool, redwood hot tub, lighted tennis and sports court.
– Valued at over $1200 USD.
Click below for all of the ways to enter! You can also share with your friends and if they enter – you get bonus entries as well (up to a maximum of 10 extra entries). Must be 18 years or older and a resident of USA or Canada to enter (See full terms & conditions on the link!)
Happy sharing and good luck!